Game: Moons of Madness
Available Platforms: PC (XBox One & PS4 coming Jan 2020)
Reviewed on: PC
Genre: Horror, Story-rich, First Person, SPACE!
Developer: Rock Pocket Games, Dreamloop Games
Release date: October 22, 2019
Moons of Madness is a Lovecraftian space horror game that takes place on Mars. Players will move their character through a space craft and along the surface of the planet while trying to survive and solve the mystery of what is happening on this strange planet. Who is this crazy woman, the witch? What are the dreams about? What is the deal with all these tentacles? Will you make it to the end, or go mad in the attempt? Only time will tell!
- Scary. It is rare that I can find something that actually genuinely frightens me, but this game hit the mark big time! The “Blow out the candles” sequence in the game’s opening literally made me jump out of my chair!
- Story telling. Just like H.P. Lovecraft himself, the writers took the time to weave an amazing story to really immerse the player into this world! I was very impressed my the detail that was put into each note that I found on the ship and with the dialogue between characters.
- Rendering. Put simply: the game looks beautiful, even with tentacles and sludge everywhere. Every detail shows the hard work and care that the developers, designers, and engineers put into this project.
- SPACE! Bonus points for the setting, space games make me happy and get me excited! SPACE!!!
- I have found no faults with this title, such a rare occurrence!
Moons of Madness blends Science Fiction with Horror very well, leaving the player feeling stranded and lost to the vastness of the harsh surface of Mars. I highly recommend the game for any fan of horror, and especially to fans of HP Lovecraft’s Call of Cthulhu! I personally cannot get enough of the game, and will be playing it all the way through (probably several times) and enjoying every scare that comes my way!
Does this weeks game sound interesting to you? You can pick up Moons of Madness for yourself over on the Steam store today!
I Rate this game 100 out of 100
Check out my first impressions video below: