Game: Little Misfortune
Available Platforms: PC
Reviewed on: PC
Genre: Story rich, Adventure
Developer: Killmonday Games
Release date: Sept 18, 2019
Little Misfortune takes players on a grand adventure as they control Misfortune and guide her to her inevitable death. This is not a spoiler however, as the player is told this at the start of the game by the narrator. Little Misfortune was released be Killmonday Games, the maker of the game Fran Bow, a similar title.
- Rich Story. The game features a great story much like the studio’s earlier title Fran Bow. The story is dark and enthralling, pulling the player into this world full of strange and interesting (though often creepy) characters.
- Audio. The game has a nice soundtrack and the character voices are done really well. Even the sound effects each fit and feel natural.
- Animation. Even though the game is a 2D side scrolling game, the animations are well done and charming. The color pallet used in each area of the game seems to have been well thought out and fits the mood of the scene.
- Options. The player is given choices for most things, and each choice offers a consequence.
- Nothing. I played a fair bit of this game (I’ve not had the time to finish it yet) and I have yet to find anything that I could consider a con. I don’t even see the cost as a con since the game is good and very enjoyable, I am glad that the developer can make a profit from it. The game renders well looks good, is well thought out and builds a rich and deep lore that the player can immerse into and get lost.
Little Misfortune is a fun and entertaining game that lets the player explore a world of misery and gloom. Players are given many choices, and they rarely have the expected outcome, making each one a unique and enjoyable (if a little dark) surprise for the player to experience. Sometimes in order to move the game forward, the choices are taken away, or if one is given, the player can only continue after making the correct one. The game is a great ride, and I highly recommend it!
Does this weeks game sound fun to you? You can pick up Little Misfortune for yourself over on the Steam store today!
I Rate this game 100 out of 100
Check out my first impressions video below: