Available Platforms: PC
Reviewed on: PC
Genre: Puzzle, Platformer
Developer: Möbler Development Team
Release date: June 7, 2019
Möbler is a fun and fast paced puzzle platformer that sees players dodge falling objects and then jump onto said objects in order to climb higher. The higher the player climbs, the higher the player’s score climbs. Why is the player climbing though? Well there is a creature eating(?) the ground under foot and the longer you play the faster the pace seems to be. My best score was, well lets just say I won’t be getting on the leader board anytime soon, but I had a blast! It is recommended that players use a controller (wish I had known), but a keyboard is doable. Yes, there is a leader board over at the game’s website, so be sure to check and see if you made the cut!
- Challenging. The game provides players with a unique and interesting challenge, to escape being eaten by climbing through a randomly generated obstacle coarse. As items are dropped into the game world, players must navigate through the environment finding a way to move upward for survival.
- Visually appealing. A wonderfully rendered gaming world in which players move in an attempt to escape digestion. It is fun and well done, ’nuff said!
- Fun Audio. The game’s music complements the events occurring on screen in a way to encourage players to move forward.
- Cost. Hey, the game is free and that is always a huge selling point!
- Limited Availability. The game is unfortunately only available to Steam players and thus; the folks on console and mobile are unable to experience this crazy fun game. This is such a shame because, the leader board gives players an excuse to keep coming back to improve their game and get better, in an attempt to rise through the ranks. I would love to see Steam players compete with X-Box, Playstation and Nintendo players; not to mention Android, IOS and Windows players. The immense competition that this would offer would be invaluable for players. This would help to improve the game’s replay-ability and draw in new players from many different platforms over time.
Möbler is a fun and fast paced puzzle platformer full of hours of entertainment. Players can challenge themselves to obtain a higher score by climbing higher throughout the game. There is a certain fulfillment that gamers get by seeing their name posted on a leader board, but even if they don’t reach that level, seeing how they compare with their pears is an amazing experience. The developers did an excellent job of randomizing the game’s drops to present the player with an adequate challenge.
I Rate this game 95 out of 100
Check out my first impressions video below: