Available Platforms: Steam
Reviewed on: PC
Genre: Casual, Flight Sim, Adventure, Rail-Shooter
Developer: Aleksander Vargas, True Nightmare
Release date: May 22, 2019
Battle birds and dodge nature as you try to gun down the Tornado! in this fun and addicting rail-shooter style game from Indie studio True Nightmare. Players navigate a paper airplane that was thrown by a child with a crazy and wild imagination into a hellscape of birds, rocks, trees the evil Tornado! and many other items. Collect power-ups along the way and pick up ammo to fire at the wind demon himself. Will you have what it takes to destroy the weather giant, or will you crash and burn?
- Challenging. There are so many obstacles to run into that you will have a tough time reaching the Tornado!, but once you do you’ll need to keep picking up ammo and firing into the twister until it’s health(?) has been depleted.
- Arcade-style. This game uses something that I always loved as a kid going into the dark arcade with a bag of quarters ready to loose myself in the blue-glow of the gaming world. High scores! You rack up points the longer you fly, the more you shoot and the longer you survive.
- Music. The game features a nice up-beat tune that will keep the player feeling like they are on an adventure.
- Cute cartoony-like graphics. The came feels like flying through a coloring book, very enjoyable!
- Pricing. Third week in a row that I’m bringing you guys a free game, noticing a pattern? This game is a load of fun for being free, and so definitely a good find!
- Lack of instruction. It took me several tries to figure out what I needed to do, I did not get that I needed to shoot the Tornado! until like the 5th time playing. I also did not realize that the player can fire a standard weapon with the left mouse button until I looked at the “Help” section within the game.
- Controls. Up is up and down is down and that kept throwing me off in a flying game. This can be changed in the options, but I feel like it should have been the default.
For the most part, I really loved this game, it is fun, challenging and free. I do have a couple of minor complaints, but nothing that can’t be overlooked. I think that anyone who plays the game should look at the options and help menus before starting, just to get an idea of what they can do.
Does this weeks game sound interesting to you? You can pick up Tornado! on Steam for free today!
I Rate this game 85 out of 100
Check out my first impressions video below: