Available Platforms: Steam
Reviewed on: PC
Developer: Micah Boursier
Release date: May 9, 2019
BirdGut puts the player into the life of a bug that is stuck inside of a bird. They will have to maneuver around various areas dodging obstacles and “brainwashed” bugs in order to escape the avian prison. There is a ton to see while moving through the game and even a few collectibles that the player can pick up on their way. There are even a handful of NPCs that will give the player a little guidance as well. The best part is the pricetag of $0!
- Fun Story. Who wouldn’t want to control a bug that is stuck inside of a bird? The story is relatively kid friendly, while still using some dark humor. I found myself laughing on more than one occasion.
- Comical. Along with the story itself, the game in general is quite comical. Even the death messages are whimsical.
- Simplistic. The game is relatively straight forward. The path is mostly linear (except in the small intestine which is a maze) and even the puzzles are simple enough for a casual games to figure out.
- Challenge. That being said, the collectibles can occasionally be a little challenging to find, and some of the areas require some decent reflexes to get through. Even with this challenge, I beat the game and had all 22 achievements in about an hour and a half.
- Short. The game really is short and I would have loved just a little more, but as it was free and I got to play an hour and a half of a fun game at no cost, I can’t take away from the rating for that.
I really liked BirdGut, I found it charming and entertaining. It was a nice way to spend my morning, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a fun quick game to play. While it may not be suitable for ALL ages, it is for the most part family friendly, and I encourage you to check it out today!
Does this weeks game sound fun to you? You can pick up the BirdGut on Steam for free today!
I Rate this game 100 out of 100
Check out my first impressions video below: