Available Platforms: PC
Price: $14.99 (USD)
Reviewed on: PC
Genre: Horror, Indie, Story Rich
Developer: Harvester Games
Release date: April 26, 2019
Lorelai is a story rich, indie horror game that rounds out the “Cat Lady” trilogy. The trilogy starts with “Downfall“, “The Cat Lady” comes second, and finally “Lorelai” I highly recommend that you go back and play them in order as the story would be spoiled otherwise. The game’s are all recommended for players 18+ at there is foul language, violence, nudity and general adult themes.
- Story Rich. I cannot over state how amazing the story is throughout this trilogy. While I have as yet to finish this entry into the series, I am fully expecting the epic conclusion that I have anticipated for so long! From what I have experienced of the story thus far, it appears as though my expectations shall be met!
- Visually pleasing. As you could see from the images within this review, the game has a very pleasing art style. Everything looks almost like it was painted with acrylics and then carefully added into the game world.
- Music. This entire series resonates with a beautiful sound track. Every song is written and performed for a specific moment in the game, and each helps to drive the point being made in the story home. This really goes a long way toward building a great memory of the game for the player. I thing back on the first time that I played Downfall, and can remember every scene that was accompanied by a hard metal track. Lorelai follows this trend perfectly!
- Voice acting. Each character has a unique voice, performed by the voice actor with care and respect for the character adding to the immersion for the player.
- Limited Options.There is no way to turn off the music which is unfortunate for Lets Play videos. Additionally, there are no other audio options and a general lack of anything in the options menu. I would have liked to see a little more player customization here.
- This is not a “Family Friendly” game, this is more of a personal issue for myself than a con for the game. As I strive to produce family friendly content, games like this make that difficult. Saying that, I think it is important to note that the developer added a disclaimer to the opening of the game, and despite the adult theme of the series, it has an amazing story that I cannot wait to dig into more!
Lorelai is an amazing entry into the “Cat Lady” series. Story rich and beautifully designed, the game if a perfect ending to such a wonderful story. I highly recommend this one and encourage you to play the games in order so as not to spoil the story. Be warned though, this one is not for the young or faint of heart and deals with themes that might be difficult for some to deal with.
I Rate this game 100 out of 100
Check out my Downfall Lets Play:
Check out my Cat Lady Lets Play:
Check out my first impressions video below: