Game: Vintage Story
Available Platforms: Windows, Mac and Linux
Price: $12.50 (USD)
Reviewed on: PC
Genre: Survival Voxel Sandbox
Players: 1 or multiple on a server
Developer: Anego Studios
Release date: Feb 1, 2016
Hello and welcome to Jay’s Game Reviews! Today I am reviewing Anego Studio’s Early Access voxel survival sandbox game Vintage Story.
Vintage Story is a 3D voxel style survival sandbox game. Players will collect, craft and survive in a harsh but gorgeous world. The player will need to learn the unique crafting system by trial and error, using the wiki online, or watching other players through tutorial or let’s play videos.
- Detailed graphics. The level of detail in Vintage Story is mind blowing! The game is simply beautiful from the leaves and grass to the sky and blocks, everything is masterfully designed to be as aesthetically pleasing as possible.
- Charming avatars. The avatars is vintage story have an odd, yet charming look to them. They would be creepy if not so adorable, and yes, their elbows bend too!
- Better with a friend. Vintage Story is a blast playing solo, but where it really takes off is playing with friends. Like other games of this genre, watching the development of the community over time is an amazing feeling. Players can develop a real sense of accomplishment too!
- Helpful and friendly staff. I have contacted the team for support twice (not because the game was broken but because I needed help finding information) and both times the team responded within a few hours!
- Small but diverse. Speaking of the development team, they are only 7 people from 6 different countries (Austria, Germany, Ireland, Latvia, Sweden & the US) and I just personally found this to be cool!
- Crafting system. The crafting in this game can be difficult to grasp at first. If not for the wiki and other player’s help I would have never learned to craft anything. That being said, the crafting system is very unique and helps to separate this sandbox game from the dozen or so others.
Vintage Story is an amazing survival game set in a beautiful world. It has a fun and interesting crafting system that will keep players entertained for a long time. I enjoyed my time in the world of Vintage Story and look forward to entering it again soon!
Does this weeks game sound fun to you? You can pick up Vintage Story for yourself over on their website and join all the fun!
I Rate this game 90 out of 100
Check out Vintage Story’s official trailer below:
Check out my First Impressions video below: